Software, IT and computer science
School of Computing and Augmented Intelligence
As part of the Ira A. Fulton Schools of Engineering, this school combines a strong core foundation with hands-on experience. Students have opportunities to explore various programs and concentrations and engage in robust research centers of excellence.
- Computer science.
- Computer systems engineering.
- Data science, analytics and engineering.
- Engineering management.
- Industrial engineering.
- Robotics and autonomous systems.
- Software engineering.
- ASU-Mayo Center for Innovative Imaging.
- Center for Accelerating Operational Efficiency.
- Center for Assured and Scalable Data.
- Center for Cognitive Ubiquitous Computing.
- Center for Cybersecurity and Digital Forensics.
- Center for Embedded Systems.
- Industrial Assessment Center.
- Innovative Learner and User Experience.
Information technology at ASU
ASU’s undergraduate information technology program provides skills in networking, security and information management. Students select a primary focus area (networking and security, information management, or enterprise computing), and learn how to manage and technically support networks and data stores, as well as apply and adapt computer systems and applications used to process data and documents within a secure network.
The ASU advantage
ASU students learn how to create cutting-edge software solutions to today’s problems. They possess the knowledge and skills of a defined engineering approach to complex systems analysis, planning, design and construction. In fall 2021, over 9,000 students were enrolled in bachelor’s programs for software, IT and computer science at ASU.
ASU and Verizon have partnered to explore how 5G can enable immersive educational experiences and transform the future of learning in a way that is inclusive, equitable and accessible. Under the partnership, ASU has become Verizon’s newest 5G Innovation Hub at the university’s Learning Futures Collaboratory.
ASU has been named a Dell Technologies High Performance Computing (HPC) and Artificial Intelligence Center of Excellence, providing ASU with access to a worldwide program that facilitates the exchange of ideas among researchers, computer scientists, technologists and engineers for the advancement of high-performance computing and artificial intelligence solutions.
The center’s mission is to drive innovation that materially benefits the greater Phoenix metro area and beyond. As a service for the greater human good, the center is solving community challenges using shareable and repeatable technology solutions from ideation through prototype.
- Employs Amazon’s innovation processes, cloud expertise and global solution platforms to solve pressing community and regional issues.
- Part of a long-term collaboration between ASU and AWS to improve digital experiences for smart city designers, expand technology alternatives while minimizing costs, spur economic and workforce development, and facilitate sharing public sector solutions within the region.
More than 128,000 downloads of ASU’s mobile app
Software, IT and computer science
Download a printable version of this webpage.
Get in touch with questions and comments
ASU Economic Development is here to be your partner, your resource and your advocate. Contact us today for a personal consultation.