ASU Polytechnic Innovation Zone
Tech-transfer… transportation… seamless and advanced logistics solutions…The Polytechnic Innovation Zone is home to the Polytechnic School, one of the seven schools comprising ASU’s Ira A. Fulton Schools of Engineering, the largest engineering school in the country and the College of Health Solutions, the only health college of its kind. This site is ideal for industry partnerships, with its strong focus on project-based learning, interdisciplinary laboratories and regional transportation assets.
Adjacent to the Polytechnic campus is the home of the ASU Polytechnic Innovation Zone, which specializes in hands-on exploration of innovative solutions in aviation, renewable energy, human-technology integration, comprehensive commercial printing and design services, and on-demand digital manufacturing, as well as developing solutions to better health outcomes.
View or download a printable PDF version of this web page.
Industry partnerships are key to ASU Polytechnic Innovation Zone’s hands-on, project-based learning approaches, making it an ideal co-location opportunity for companies with a focus on interdisciplinary sciences, engineering, management, technology and education. As a tenant, you have access to ASU facilities, faculty and students, as well as a wealth of on-site resources:
- A labor force of 700,000+ can be found within a 20-minute commute.
- Flight simulators.
- Consumer behavior research.
- Semiconductor fabrication.
- Electric power provided by Salt River Project.
- Natural gas provided by Southwest Gas.
- Expansion of ASU College of Health Solutions programs to improve the future of health.
ASU Polytechnic Innovation Zone offers a unique co-location opportunity. Tenants have access to engineering students and advanced research from expandable drones and flexible robotics to metal 3D printing. Co-locating companies are industry leaders, creating dynamic opportunities for transdisciplinary collaboration and research innovation.
- The Mesa Gateway Airport area hosts world-class players including Embraer, Cessna, Able Aerospace Services, Aerocircular and Constant Aviation.
- Other nearby tech-centric companies include Arizona Center for Algae Technology and Innovation, the Cognitive Engineering Research Institute, Bridgestone Biorubber Process Research Center, Apple’s global command center and EdgeCore’s data center campus.
- Manufacturing neighbors include CMC Steel, FUJIFILM, Mitsubishi Gas Chemical, ZF TRW, CRM Rubber, Matheson Tri-Gas and Niagara Bottling.
Located in historic Mesa, AZ, the ASU Polytechnic Innovation Zone provides ample space, access to students and faculty from one of the largest engineering schools in the nation, and innovative high-tech work spaces and operational facilities. Another benefit: the rapidly growing presence of health students preparing to make an impact on health and well-being with an interdisciplinary approach to prevention and care.
600-acre campus (300-acre Research Park).
Advanced learning laboratories.
5,800 undergraduate and graduate students on-site.
The ASU Polytechnic Innovation Zone is located in its own desert ecosystem in close proximity to hiking and recreational opportunities in the beautiful Superstition Mountain range. The Mesa area is home to wildlife preserves, lakes, outdoor activities, and both chain and local restaurants and retail options.
Located just minutes from the Phoenix-Mesa Gateway Airport and SkyBridge, the country’s only inland international air logistics and joint U.S.-Mexico Customs processing hub. The campus itself offers ample parking, walking paths and access to public and private transportation.
Site plan for ASU Polytechnic Innovation Zone
Get in touch with questions and comments
ASU Economic Development is here to be your partner, your resource and your advocate. Contact us today for a personal consultation.