ASU West Innovation Zone
Located in the heart of the West Valley’s distribution and logistics center, the future mixed-use ASU West Innovation Zone development will focus on private industry collaboration around innovation in critical areas of workforce development.
ASU West Innovation Zone
View or download a printable PDF version of this webpage.
A five megawatt solar array powers the entire campus, and a comprehensive proteomics and functional genomics core facility supports cutting-edge life science research and includes mass spectrometers and a high field nuclear magnetic resonance (NMR) instrument.
- The Cybersecurity Education Consortium partners with cyber-focused businesses and stakeholders to create the next generation of cybersecurity professionals.
- The Communication Assessment and Learning Lab (CALL) provides leadership training and professional development opportunities.
- The Forensic Science program educates the next generation of forensic scientists, informed by new research on forensic science technologies.
Area businesses partner with ASU students and other stakeholders to tap into evolving marketplaces of arts research and practice. Assets include light stages and green rooms. Additionally, creative spaces, including an on-campus gallery ArtSpace West and black box theater Second Stage West, showcase illustrations, paintings, installations, visual art, performances and music from students, faculty and guest artists.
ASU West Innovation Zone is home to 5,000 students and more than 100 degree programs in seven colleges and schools:
- New College of Interdisciplinary Arts and Sciences.
- Mary Lou Fulton Teachers College.
- W. P. Carey School of Business.
- ASU Edson College of Nursing and Health Innovation.
- College of Health Solutions.
- Thunderbird Academy.
Makerspaces, located at the West campus library and Gary K. Herberger Young Scholars Academy, are ideal locations for startups and co-locating businesses to collaborate. Key areas of bioscience research infrastructure include:
- Biotechnology and biomarker detection.
- Cancer biology.
- Drug development.
- Alzheimer’s disease.
- Data analytics.
- Ecology, sustainability and environmental science.
- Forensic science.
- Air quality.
Co-locating tenants have the opportunity to work with ASU staff, faculty and students, as well as utilize advanced bioimaging and visualization equipment, including a scanning electron microscope (SEM) and high-resolution 3D scanning.
ASU West Innovation Zone is in close proximity to BioAccel and the Banner Sun Health Research Institute, which conducts research, clinical care, prevention and education in memory disorders and possesses a brain tissue bank.
- Located in the heart of the West Valley’s distribution and logistics center.
- A five megawatt solar array completed in 2011 powers the entire campus.
In close proximity to major highway systems and Sky Harbor International Airport. Valley Metro buses provide public transportation throughout the Valley.
Site plan for ASU West Innovation Zone
Get in touch with questions and comments
ASU Economic Development is here to be your partner, your resource and your advocate. Contact us today for a personal consultation.