Novus Innovation Corridor
If you’re a visionary… an innovator… a change-maker who wants to create elite, global strategic alliances that are multi-disciplinary in nature and scalable on all fronts — your home should be at Novus.
A unique innovation ecosystem, the Novus Innovation Corridor is a 10 million square foot mixed-use urban ecosystem embedded in ASU’s main campus in Tempe. A living representation of ASU’s leadership in sustainability and smart cities technologies, Novus offers unparalleled opportunities for business collaboration and expansion via an integration of cutting-edge facilities and world-changing technologies.
A high-profile Innovation Zone, Novus is designed as an epicenter for devising and implementing impactful solutions in transportation, resource and utility usage and responsible waste management. Companies co-locating in the Novus Innovation Corridor are at the center of a thriving urban environment, in close proximity to students, faculty and some of the top research facilities in the nation. Energy and access are key descriptors when it comes to Novus.
Novus Innovation Corridor
View or download a printable PDF version of this web page
Strategically situated in the heart of ASU’s oldest and largest campus, Novus is a hub of bustling activity. With fluid space availability, your facility needs can be custom designed to your exact specifications.
- 166 restaurants within 1 mile of University Drive and Rural Road.
- 670 planned hotel rooms within Novus Innovation Corridor boundaries.
- 1,000,000+ square feet of existing retail within one mile of University Drive and Rural Road.
- 300,000 square feet of planned retail within Novus Innovation Corridor boundaries.
Top 15 Cities for Biking
— Bicycling Magazine
America’s 3rd Most Affordable Fun City
— Bloomberg Businessweek
Smart Growth Award
— Urban Land Institute Arizona
More than 500 companies work with ASU, creating impactful opportunities for collaboration and creation of meaningful public-private partnerships.
- Research collaboration.
- Internship opportunities.
- Custom-built corporate curriculums.
With easy access to a wealth of dining and entertainment options, the Novus Innovation Corridor is home to some of the best names in culinary, entertainment and hotel excellence. The sporting scene around Novus includes state-of-the-art athletic training and exhibition facilities that attract dozens of Olympic and professional athletes – exciting year-round, while offering a bonus to local residents in the form of annual Spring Training activities.
- Sun Devil Stadium – Men’s football (7 annual home games)
- Desert Financial Arena – Men’s and women’s basketball (30 annual home games). Women’s volleyball (10 annual home games)
- Whiteman Tennis Center – Men’s and women’s tennis (25 annual home meets)
- Phoenix Municipal Stadium – Men’s baseball (30 annual home games)
- Alberta B. Farrington Softball Stadium – Women’s softball (30 annual home games)
- Sun Angel Stadium, Joe Shelleh Track – Men’s and women’s track & field (9 annual home meets)
- Mona Plummer Aquatic Center – Men’s and women’s swimming (10 annual home meets)
- Sun Devil Soccer Stadium – Women’s soccer (10 annual home games)
Top 1% of world’s most prestigious universities
— Times Higher Education
#1 public university
#1 public university chosen by international students five years in a row
— Institute of International Education
The Novus Innovation Corridor’s central location on ASU’s Tempe campus is ideal for corporate headquarters. Novus is located 1.5 miles from Sky Harbor International, the nation’s 11th busiest airport, with fast and easy access to Interstate 10, the Loop 202 and 101 freeways. The Valley’s nearly 30-mile-long light rail system, a walkable campus and a highly developed arterial street system provide seamless, long term connectivity.
- 66 transit score – 5 points higher than Downtown Phoenix and 20 points higher than Downtown Scottsdale.
- 98 bike score – 16 points higher than Downtown Phoenix.
- 7 bus routes around or through Novus Innovation Corridor boundaries.
- 6 light rail stops within 2 miles of Novus Innovation Corridor’s boundaries.
Site plan for Novus Innovation Corridor
Get in touch with questions and comments
ASU Economic Development is here to be your partner, your resource and your advocate. Contact us today for a personal consultation.