Cybersecurity and defense
Empowering the next generation of cybersecurity professionals
Recognized as an academic leader in cybersecurity by industry and government organizations, ASU offers degree experiences that align ASU’s core values with industry needs. With a dozen degree options that weave cybersecurity into the experience, graduates are empowered to be the next generation of cybersecurity professionals.
Cybersecurity Education Consortium
The Cybersecurity Education Consortium (CEC) partners with the broader cybersecurity community to ensure students are prepared to be changemakers in the cybersecurity workforce. The consortium serves as a hub for industry partners to connect to ASU’s educational community. CEC also offers several continuing and professional education programs exploring topics related to cybersecurity.
- Risk communications.
- Security technologies.
- Understanding data sources.
ASU Research Enterprise
ASURE connects our partners, industry and federal sponsors with the unsurpassed intellectual resources of America’s fastest growing research university. ASURE’s core competencies include:
- Space systems.
- Energy, carbon.
- Rapid response.
- Megacities and dense urban areas.
- Strategic logistics.
- Defense curricula.
- Drones, unmanned aerial systems.
The ASU advantage
Students have access to nine leading ASU research centers to advance cybersecurity innovation and solve real-world problems:
- Adaptive, Intelligent Materials and Systems.
- Center for Accelerating Operational Efficiency.
- Center for Bioelectronics and Biosensors.
- Center for Embedded Systems.
- Connection One.
- Decision Theater.
- Flexible Display Center.
- Information Assurance Center.
- Sensor, Signal and Information Processing Center.
Global Security Initiative (GSI)
The Global Security Initiative is a university-wide hub for defense-related research and programming.
GSI’s four centers include:
- The Center for Accelerating Operational Efficiency.
- The Center for Cybersecurity and Trusted Foundations.
- The Center for Human, AI, and Robot Teaming.
- The Center on Narrative, Disinformation and Strategic Influence.
National Center of Academic Excellence in Cybersecurity
ASU’s Center for Cybersecurity and Trusted Foundations (CTF) works closely with industry and government to produce high-impact and practical solutions to real-world cybersecurity challenges.
- Designated a National Center of Academic Excellence in cyber defense and research by a joint National Security Agency and U.S. Department of Homeland Security program.
- Partnered with leading technology companies including PayPal, Samsung, Google, Microsoft and IBM, and has a broad portfolio of government-sponsored research.
- National leader in binary analysis and reverse engineering research. Teams of researchers include faculty from across ASU, software engineers and a robust lab of graduate student researchers.
ASU cybersecurity bootcamp
ASU gives students the opportunity to become a cybersecurity professional in just 24 weeks. ASU’s New College of Interdisciplinary Arts and Sciences partnered with Trilogy Education Services in order to create an innovative and educational program.
Participants gain hands-on training in networking, systems, web technologies, databases, and defensive and offensive cybersecurity.
30+ faculty and subject matter experts from across 10 academic units
Access to nine acclaimed research centers and eight accelerated program options
ASU helps fill the growing need for cybersecurity talent
Cybersecurity and defense
Download a printable version of this webpage.
Get in touch with questions and comments
ASU Economic Development is here to be your partner, your resource and your advocate. Contact us today for a personal consultation.