Edtech and Fin Tech
Accelerate your tech venture at ASU
- ASU ScaleU is a functional higher education technology accelerator in which the university integrates, tests and validates new technologies at the nation’s largest public research university dedicated to innovation. ASU provides early stage EdTech startups with the opportunity to test their digital learning product in a complex and dynamic university environment.
- The EdPlus Action Lab develops new learning models and answers important questions about how people learn, retain and apply information. Focused on innovation and scale, the lab researches digital learning efficacy, alternative design and delivery modalities, and adaptive learning.
- Dreamscape Learn merges the best of Hollywood storytelling and Disney Imagineering with the nation’s leader in online and digitally enhanced education to deliver fully immersive VR learning systems to the ASU community and beyond. Students are able to explore completely different worlds and perform complex learning, discovery and problem-solving tasks not possible in a traditional learning environment or lab in a campus setting.
- The Learning Futures Collaboratory is creating the conditions to foster creativity and collaboration for enhanced learning. Faculty, students and staff take part in bold exploration and experimentation within a human-centered learning environment. ASU collaborates with industry partners at the edge of technology, university, school and non-profit partners who want to reimagine the future of learning.
The ASU advantage
ASU’s Mary Lou Fulton Teachers College provides the following EdTech tools to support teacher candidates’ learning experiences.
- The EdSurge Product Index.
- Common Sense Education EdTech Reviews.
- ISTE information about vetting ed tech tools.
ASU is also home to the IgnitED Labs, which make up a technology hub to bring emergent technologies and innovative pedagogical approaches together through a humanistic lens. Founded in the knowledge that humans are the center of technological advancements and processes, IgnitED Labs present interactions, products and services aimed to provide pathways to gaining new skill sets and mindsets.
Started in 2010 with a collaboration between Arizona State University and Global Silicon Valley, the annual summit connects leading minds focused on transforming society and business around learning and work, ensuring everyone has an equal opportunity to participate in the future. With industry leaders, investors, entrepreneurs and educators around every corner, the summit has become an important meeting space for connection and network growth.
Students participate in organizations focused on promoting, encouraging and sustaining student interest in insurance, risk management and actuarial science such as the Gamma iota Sigma Kappa Chapter.
Arizona State University offers an acclaimed (online) FinTech Bootcamp course where participants can become a FinTech professional in 24 weeks.
●Learn Python programming, financial libraries, machine learning algorithms, Solidity smart contracts, Ethereum, blockchain and more.
●Develop market-driven skills, learning the cutting-edge tools and technologies associated with the modern financial services sector.
●Get real-world experience and complete projects using finance-related datasets.
●Study part-time (three days a week) while maintaining a work or school schedule.
●Benefit from a wide range of career services to position participants for success.
State-of-the-art FinTech Bootcamp program
Home of the Blockchain Research Lab and Blockchain Innovation Society
EdTech and FinTech
Download a printable version of this webpage.
Get in touch with questions and comments
ASU Economic Development is here to be your partner, your resource and your advocate. Contact us today for a personal consultation.